ELECTRONIC BOOKS...READ NOW...CLICK TO OPEN AND CLICK ON BOOKWORM TO LOGIN
Ready to go on a blind date with a great ... book?
Everything you need is right here!
Below are the first few sentences (generally the first paragraph) of amazing books. If you like what you read here, click MEET MY DATE and you'll be able to see your potential "date" (book). Amazon Look Inside feature allows you to read more. All of these titles are in our library. Reserve you copy!!!
Meet your potential dates …
- 1. When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold. My fingers stretch out, seeking Prim's warmth but only finding the rough canvas cover of the mattress. She must have had bad dreams and climbed in with our mother. Of course, she did. This is the day of the reaping. MEET MY DATE
- 2. IT WAS ALMOST December, and Jonas was beginning to be frightened. No. Wrong word, Jonas thought. Frightened meant that deep, sickening feeling of something terrible about to happen. Frightened was the way he had felt a year ago when an unidentified aircraft had overflown the community twice. He had seen it both times. Squinting toward the sky, he had seen the sleek jet, almost a blur at its high speed, go past, and a second later heard the blast of sound that followed. Then one more time, a moment later, from the opposite direction, the same plane. MEET MY DATE
- 3. THERE IS ONE mirror in my house. It is behind a sliding panel in the hallway upstairs. Our faction allows me to stand in front of it on the second day of every third month, the day my mother cuts my hair. MEET MY DATE
- 4. Late in the winter of my seventeenth year, my mother decided I was depressed, presumably because I rarely left the house, spent quite a lot of time in bed, read the same book over and over, ate infrequently, and devoted quite a bit of my abundant free time to thinking about death. MEET MY DATE
Dear friend, I am writing to you because she said you listen and understand and didn't try to sleep with that person at that party even though you could have. Please don't try to figure out who she is because then you might figure out who I am, and I really don't want you to do that. I will call people by different names or generic names because I don't want you to find me. I didn't enclose a return address for the same reason. I mean nothing bad by this. Honest. MEET MY DATE
At the time I first realized I might be fictional, my weekdays were spent at a publicly funded institution on the north side of Indianapolis called White River High School, where I was required to eat lunch at a particular time — between 12:37 p.m. and 1:14 p.m. — by forces so much larger than myself that I couldn’t even begin to identify them. If those forces had given me a different lunch period, or if the tablemates who helped author my fate had chosen a different topic of conversation that September day, I would’ve met a different end — or at least a different middle. But I was beginning to learn that your life is a story told about you, not one that you tell. MEET MY DATE
- They say that just before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes, but that's not how it happened for me. MEET MY DATE
- He began his new life standing up, surrounded by cold darkness and stale, dusty air. Metal ground against metal; a lurching shudder shook the floor beneath him. He fell down at the sudden movement and shuffled backward on his hands and feet, drops of sweat beading on his forehead despite the cool air. His back struck a hard metal wall; he slid along it until he hit the corner of the room. Sinking to the floor, he pulled his legs up tight against his body, hoping his eyes would soon adjust to the darkness. MEET MY DATE
CLICK HERE FOR MORE NEW BOOKS
Everyone Can be a WRITER!!! Join the Adventure...see link to join
VIRTUAL BOOK CLUB COMING SOON....check out the music previews and other hints to see if you can guess the book.
Did You Know? Bits and Pieces with tips on a variety of subjects.